Let our physician advisors help you make them
Make your medical school application the best it can be
The activities section on the AMCAS application & AACOMAS application is your chance to explain to medical schools your extracurricular activities. This will include all your medically related activities, but also your non-medical ones. For all the time you spent volunteering, shadowing, scribing, researching and the like, this is your chance to shine.
The AMCAS activities section requires describing your experiences succinctly and with purpose. We will help you stand out against your peers. We will also help you develop your AMCAS Most Meaningful Experiences section into written material that medical school admissions committees will enjoy reading. This relatively new section on the AMCAS activities is proving to be the most important. The Meaningful Experiences section is what gets read before your interview, so be sure to make it stand out.
MedSchoolCoach physician advisors have served on admissions committees and read hundreds of applications, so they know what it takes to stand out.
Our editors are actual physicians who have served on admission committees. That means your activities are being evaluated and edited by people who know medicine and the admissions process inside and out.
Anyone can edit for grammar, and of course we do as well, but we go way beyond. Because our editors know what medical schools are looking for, we dig deep into the content of your medical school application to make it stand out.
Stop at Perfection
We believe that a great AMCAS application requires a lot of revision. That is why most of our packages include multiple edits. We will work until you and your editor are happy with your final product!
Our medical school AMCAS application editing packages are a must for anyone applying. Here are some benefits:
- Pre-Review: A review of your resume to identify the most important and interesting activities to list on your AACOMAS or AMCAS application.
- Content Review: Review each of your activity descriptions in detail for content, as well as grammar, to assure that they will jump off the page to medical school admissions committee members.
- Most Meaningful Activity Review: A complete review of your most significant activities to make sure your strengths and significant accomplishments are conveyed to the admissions committee.
- Other Information Review: If you are applying as a disadvantaged applicant, or need help writing about your academic misconducts, we help you craft these mini essays.
- Multiple edits: Our multiple edit packages offer you the chance to really solidify your AMCAS activities section and make sure everything is perfect before you submit.
f.a.q. about our amcas application editing service
We typically utilize email/Word document editing to perform our editing services and give you detailed feedback. If you need to speak on the phone, you are welcome to with our Extensive and Unlimited Packages
Your editor will be one of MedSchoolCoach’s physician editors who have extensive experience evaluating and editing personal statements. Each is a published author with multiple academic publications as well as an exceptional writer.
If you need to brainstorm, simply email us once you’ve signed up and we’ll get started with a brainstorming session!
We do our best to balance real, quality feedback with a quick turn-around. Many other companies can offer a few hour turn around, but ask yourself what kind of quality edits you are getting and from whom in that time. We strive to get you feedback within 72 hours of your submission by physicians (often times, it’s faster than that).
Yes, you are welcome to request an advisor to look over your essay. We cannot always guarantee that they will be available, but we will do our best!
Getting started with our medical school personal statement editing is easy! See the steps below:
- Sign Up Online – you can sign up below
- Submit Your Activities– you’ll receive instructions on how to submit your essay to us for review in your checkout email
- Receive Feedback – in a few days, you’ll have detailed feedback and changes on your personal statement
- Implement – put our suggestions to work as you work to implement the changes into your essay
- Repeat Until Happiness – our unlimited package includes edits until you are ready to go!
how many hours?
How many hours do I need of a particular activity to be a good applicant? Good question. Here are some guidelines from MedSchoolCoach for your premed activities