Residency applications have become increasingly competitive, especially for the most competitive specialities. MedSchoolCoach’s advisors are actual physicians who have admissions committee experience and can help you take your residency application to the next level. They will coach you in the art of a great ERAS application, a great personal statement and how to interview with physicians in specific specialities.
You have worked incredibly hard in undergrad and now medical school to be at this stage. Don’t let a poor showing on your ERAS application ruin your chances for admission into the specialty of your choice!
MedSchoolCoach residency advisors have served on admissions committees and are specialists in some of the most competitive residencies in the US.
Competitive Specialty Consultants
Learn how to ace the residency selection process with this comprehensive package of one-on-one services with one of our amazing advisors. Get selected to interview and achieve your goal of matching into the specialty and program of your choice with expert advice and guidance from former admissions committee members and specialists in your field of choice.
Our comprehensive package ($1600) includes:
- 1 hour strategy session
- 3 edits of your Personal Statement
- 3 edits of your ERAS application
- 2 hours mock interview
Personal Statement & ERAS Editing
Personal Statement Editing – In depth content (and grammar) review by actual physicians within the speciality of your choice will help you shape your personal statement to stand out amongst the crowd of competitive applicants.
- Single Edit: $234
- Three Edits: $540
- Unlimited Edits: $900
ERAS Review – Make sure your ERAS application is as good as it can be. After all, this is your resume expanded, the culmination of your experiences as you apply to residency programs.
- Single Edit: $250
- Three Edits: $450
If you need help through any of the following questions, our Strategic Planning Sessions are for you. You will meet virtually with an advisor with experience in your desired specialty field to get in-depth insights into your application and how to best position yourself for success.
- Am I competitive for this speciality?
- How can I increase my chances of matching?
- What activities/research should I be engaged in?
- What should I do for a back up?
- What are my chances of matching?
- Which programs are the best in the country for my specialty?
- What should I look for in a program for great training?
- Any other questions you can think of!
Our mock interviews will allow you to hone your residency interviewing skills by practicing with physicians who were on admissions committees and made decisions on if applicants were accepted or rejected. Our practice is as refined and real as it gets, so you will be well prepared for your actual residency interview no matter what types of questions are thrown at you.
- One Hour: $275
- Two Hours (two one hour sessions): $550
- Three Hours (three one hour sessions): $750
Our residency package is a must for anyone looking for a residency consultant. Here is how it works:
- Prereview: We will review your entire resume and speciality choice and assign you an advisor who best matches your profile (in most cases, in your speciality of choice!)
- Insider Knowledge: Insight on how the residency application process is conducted and how to stand out.
- Planning: Strategic planning on where to apply, what programs to target, how many to apply to, etc based on your specialty choice.
- Essay Editing: Help through your personal statement to make it stand out to physicians reading your application.
- ERAS Editing: Help through your ERAS application and how to make your activities shine.
- Interview Prep: Preparation with a variety of residency interviewers.
Meet a few of our advisors
Dr. Zheng has extensive experience as an interview coach and admissions consultantAllison is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, a passionate teacher and an exceptional test taker scoring >99% on the USMLE.Dr. Mandalia was a member of the University of Miami Admissions CommitteeAmy attended Harvard Medical School and scored >95% on her USMLE Step 1 and 2
Dr. Esparaz is part of the senior teaching faculty at Harvard Medical SchoolDr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Rafii was on the admissions committee at Stanford Medical SchoolDr Wu is an avid writer, researcher and MD/PhD admissions expert
Dr. Blaskewicz holds a PhD in Molecular Medicine from Boston University and has served as a TA for numerous classes.Dr. Cusak served on the admissions committee at the School of Medicine at Creighton UniversityDanielle is a 4th year medical student at Harvard Medical School and a passionate teacher.Dr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.
Dr. Butty is a pediatrician with a vast amount of experience in recruitment and admissionsEdward has published over 100 articles aimed at helping premedical students as the Founder of ProspectiveDoctor.com
Meet a few of our speciality specific advisors:
- Dr. Kachiu Lee – Brown
- Dr. Kaveri Korgavkar – Brown
- Dr. Erin Wilmer – Brown
- Dr. Julia Baltz – U Mass
- Dr. Riley Mclean – U Mass
- Dr. Stephen Vance – Columbia
- Dr. Monica Enamandram – Stanford
- Interventional Radiology:
- Dr. Sahil Mehta – BIDMC/MGH
- Dr. Anthony Esparaz – BIDMC
- Diagnostic Radiology:
- Dr. Rashmi Jayadevan – BIDMC
- Dr. Kevin Kakadia – UTSW
- Dr. Elie Balesh – MGH
- Plastic Surgery:
- Dr. Sam Fuller – University of Chicago
- Orthopedic Surgery:
- Dr. Anthony Yi – USC
- Internal Medicine:
- Dr. Nikhil Seth – University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. Amar Mandalia – Emory University
- Dr. Kelley Koffman – NYU
- Dr. Raj Sarkar – Case Western
- Dr. Mili Mehta – University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Michael Fraizer – UCLA
- Dr. Saurabh Sinha – University of Pennsylvania
- Radiation Oncology:
- Dr. Sanjay Aneja – Yale University
- Dr. Patrick Beeman