Newsha Lajevardi MD
- Advising for Post Bacc and SMP Programs
- Non-traditional student advising
- Essay Editing
- Interview Preparation
- MMI Interview Preparation
- BS, Northwestern University
- MS, Boston University
- MD, Michigan State University
- Residency, Brown University
Dr. Newsha Lajevardi is a board certified dermatologist who practices medical and general dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cutaneous surgery, and laser surgery at Brown University.
She completed her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Northwestern University and then went on to complete her master’s degree in medical sciences at the Boston University School of Medicine. During her time at Boston University she completed coursework alongside medical students and intricately learned about the medical school admissions process through extensive mentorship with the Boston University deans of admission. Additionally, she was an academic tutor for other medical and dental students in physiology, endocrinology, and immunology. Before attending medical school, she conducted translational medicine research at the Boston University department of dermatology followed by clinical research at the Boston University section of endocrinology.
Given her nontraditional path to medical school, Dr. Lajevardi has great experience with the unique challenges of post-baccalaureate and nontraditional applicants to medical school. Even before joining Medschoolcoach she was closely involved with essay editing and interview preparation for family and friends applying to medical school.
Dr. Lajevardi received her medical degree from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. She completed her internship in internal medicine at Saint Vincent Hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts. Finally, she completed her dermatology residency at the prestigious Brown University Department of Dermatology. During her time in residency she was actively involved in the application and interview process for prospective dermatology residents. She also serves as a mentor to Michigan State University medical students interested in and applying to the field of dermatology. She was born and raised in Miami, Florida though she is now a pro at handling Midwestern and New England winters!
Dr. Lajevardi is a Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Brown
meet more of the team
- Dr. Ho was an admissions committee member at University of California, DavisDr. Katzen was on the admissions committee member at George Washington UniversityDr. Simon Bababeygy served on Stanford's Admissions Committee for 4 yearsDr. Wilmer was a member of the University of Florida Medical School Admissions Committee.Dr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Chiu served on the Stanford University School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Vance served on the admissions committee at UNC School of MedicineDr. Sarkar was part of the admissions committee at Columbia University and an interviewer at NJMS