- General advising for medical school application
- Personal statement/essay editing
- Step 1 tutoring
- Step 2 tutoring
- Shelf exam tutoring
- Strongest subjects: internal medicine, surgery
- B.S. – UC Berkeley
- MD expected 2020 – UC San Francisco
Alex Withers graduated with honors from UC Berkeley with a B.A. in fine art. Her primary media was oil paint, with work centered on anatomical illustration. At graduation, she was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, and was ultimately accepted to her top choice medical school at UCSF.
During medical school, Alex has earned honors in most clinical rotations including Internal Medicine, Surgery, OBGYN, Neurology, Psychiatry and Anesthesiology. Alex has also been a part of a plastic surgery research group since her first year, and primarily studies autologous flaps and breast reconstruction. She has presented her work at several national meetings and was awarded a Yearlong Fellowship grant to continue research this year.
Outside of research and academics, Alex is also passionate about teaching. She founded an Art & Anatomy elective during her first year which involved figure drawing lessons focused on surface anatomy. She also taught for her school’s Peer Tutoring Program, which involved weekly lessons for first year students on foundational concepts. This summer, she will be a teacher for a program called PILLAR, designed for first year students who struggled with examinations and also as preparation for Step 1.
Alex Withers is a 4th year UCSF medical student, and scored >250 on her USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 Exams
meet more of the team
- Justin scored 264 on his USMLE Step 1 Examination and has extensive experience with tutoring medical students.Brian is a passionate tutor who honored all his clinical rotations and scored ≥ 260 on his USMLE Step 1 Examination.Jeanie has several years of tutoring experience and scored >95thpercentile on the USMLE Step 1.Johnathan received honors on all national clerkship examinations and excelled on both USMLE step 1 and step 2.Andrew is a expert in USMLE Prep serving as the main author and editor of several USMLE Review booksEmily scored >255 on Step 1 and 100th percentile on multiple clinical Shelf exams.Jimmy is an avid teacher and scored >95% on his USMLE Step 1Kelly scored >245 on USMLE Step 1 and 260 on USMLE Step 2Dr. Yu scored >260 on his USMLE Step 1 and Step 2