- General advising for medical school application
- Personal statement/essay editing
- Step 1 tutoring
- Step 2 tutoring
- Shelf exam tutoring
- Strongest subjects: internal medicine, surgery
- B.S. – UC Berkeley
- MD expected 2020 – UC San Francisco
Alex Withers graduated with honors from UC Berkeley with a B.A. in fine art. Her primary media was oil paint, with work centered on anatomical illustration. At graduation, she was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, and was ultimately accepted to her top choice medical school at UCSF.
During medical school, Alex has earned honors in most clinical rotations including Internal Medicine, Surgery, OBGYN, Neurology, Psychiatry and Anesthesiology. Alex has also been a part of a plastic surgery research group since her first year, and primarily studies autologous flaps and breast reconstruction. She has presented her work at several national meetings and was awarded a Yearlong Fellowship grant to continue research this year.
Outside of research and academics, Alex is also passionate about teaching. She founded an Art & Anatomy elective during her first year which involved figure drawing lessons focused on surface anatomy. She also taught for her school’s Peer Tutoring Program, which involved weekly lessons for first year students on foundational concepts. This summer, she will be a teacher for a program called PILLAR, designed for first year students who struggled with examinations and also as preparation for Step 1.
Alex Withers is a 4th year UCSF medical student, and scored >250 on her USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 Exams
meet more of the team
- Matt scored in the 99th percentile, scoring above a 260 on Step 2 and has extensive tutoring experience.Danielle is a 4th year medical student at Harvard Medical School and a passionate teacher.Jeanie has several years of tutoring experience and scored >95thpercentile on the USMLE Step 1.Emile scored >260 on his USMLE Step 1Brian is a passionate tutor who honored all his clinical rotations and scored ≥ 260 on his USMLE Step 1 Examination.Tom scored above 265 on Step 1 and above 270 on Step 2 CKMatthew Welzenbach is a resident at the University of ColoradoFaustine scored >250 on her Step 1, >265 on her Step 2 CK, and has over 10 years of teaching experienceShivani has a natural talent for teaching and has excelled on USMLE Step 1, Step 2, and all of her clerkship shelf examinationsSaurabh scored >250 on his USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 and is a Neurosurgery resident