Avani Rao MD
- General Advising for Early Pre-Meds
- Advising for Top Tier Medical School Candidates
- Essay Editing
- Interview Preparation
- MMI Interview Preparation
- BS, Yale University
- MD, Johns Hopkins University
- Residency, Johns Hopkins University
Avani graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology from Yale University. While at Yale, she served worked in the Admissions Office and Visitor’s Center providing tours. She then attended Johns Hopkins School of Medicine where she served as a member of the admissions committee. Because of these experiences, she has evaluated many applications and interviewed applicants for admission into medical school. While in medical school, she conducted extensive research in pancreatic cancer and treatment integrated with radiation therapy. She graduated from medical school and earned induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. She is now a resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in the Department of Radiation Oncology and continues research in pancreatic and pediatric malignancies.
Dr. Rao is one of MedSchoolCoach’s Master Advisors.
Dr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.
meet more of the team
- Dr. Sarkar was part of the admissions committee at Columbia University and an interviewer at NJMSDr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Marinelli served on the University of California, Irvine Admissions CommitteeDr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.Dr. Katzen was on the admissions committee member at George Washington UniversityDr. Chiu served on the Stanford University School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Wilmer was a member of the University of Florida Medical School Admissions Committee.Dr. Frazier was a member of the UCLA School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Cusak served on the admissions committee at the School of Medicine at Creighton UniversityDr. Kreisberg served on the admissions committee at UTHSCA (UT San Antonio) for eight years