Christine Houser, MD
- General Advising & Strategy Development
- Full Application Support
- USMLE/COMLEX Advising
- Personal Statement and Essay – from brainstorming and essay development through final edits
- Interview Preparation
- Non-traditional Applicant Advising
- International Medical School Advising
- Texas Applicant Advising
- B.A. Johns Hopkins University
- M.Phil, George Washington University
- M.D., Johns Hopkins
- Residency, North Shore University Hospital (NYU)
Dr. Houser graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a B.A. in social and behavioral sciences, and initially planned to pursue a career in research. She went on to earn an M. Phil. in cognitive neuropsychology from George Washington University, completing her research work at the NIH. Although she found her area of research really exciting, she felt she wanted a more direct helping relationship with patients. She returned to Johns Hopkins School of Medicine to earn her M.D., then went on to train as an emergency medicine physician at North Shore University Hospital in New York, an NYU program. She rounded out her training with a fellowship in wilderness medicine – an area of consulting and practice she has enjoyed immensely over the years.
Dr. Houser has been recognized as an outstanding teacher, mentor, and advisor, and has now been working in the field extensively for nearly twenty years. She served on the medical school admissions committee for University of Texas at Houston School of Medicine, as a former residency program director has also been extensively involved in residency applicant selection and advising. She joins MedSchoolCoach with a passion for advising, enthusiastic to help students reach their goals.
Dr. Houser served on the admissions committee at the University of Texas at Houston School of Medicine!
meet more of the team
- Dr. Fuller was an interviewer for the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicalDr. Marinelli served on the University of California, Irvine Admissions CommitteeDr. Korgavkar is a dermatologist in Rhode IslandDr. Arain is a pioneer of several minimally invasive surgical techniques and has served on various admissions committees.Long-Co was actively involved in admissions at UCSF and founder of MEMO a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizationDr. Gogna served on the admissions committee at the University of California, Irvine College of MedicineGrant attended Harvard Medical School and scored >95% on his USMLE Step 1 and 2Dr. Aneja was a member of the Yale School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Butty is a pediatrician with a vast amount of experience in recruitment and admissionsDr. Wilmer was a member of the University of Florida Medical School Admissions Committee.