Henry Ng, MD, MPH
- General Advising
- Essay Editing
- Interview Preparation
- BS, Michigan State University
- MD, Michigan University College of Human Medicine
- MPH, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency, MetroHealth Medical Center/CWRU School of Medicine
Dr. Ng completed his BS and his MD at Michigan State University. He completed his residency and chief residency in Internal Medicine/Pediatrics at MetroHealth and joined the faculty in 2006. In 2012, he completed a Master’s in Public Health degree at Case Western Reserve University with an emphasis on Health Promotion/Disease Prevention for LGBT populations. He attained the rank of Associate Professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He most recently served as the Assistant Dean for Admissions at the School of Medicine working on diversity and inclusion initiatives and was the Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at MetroHealth Medical Center.
Dr. Ng’s clinical and academic work focused on delivering culturally and clinically competent care to medically vulnerable populations. In 2007, he co-founded and has since served as the Clinical Director of the PRIDE Clinic, Ohio’s first medical home for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) patients.
Dr. Ng’s academic interests are in LGBT Health, health disparities and public/population health. He served as an associate editor for the journal, LGBT Health and had directed the LGBT clinical elective “PRIDE Clinic” at CWRU School of Medicine since 2008. Dr. Ng was a board member and past president of GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality and was involved in medical education and mentorship. He has also served on the National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Dr. Ng has received a number of community and academic awards including the Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award (2009), the Cleveland Human Rights Campaign Leadership Award (2013), the Gender Equity Award (2016) and the Transforming Care Medical Provider Award (2017).
Dr. Ng is fluent in English, Spanish, Cantonese and American Sign Language (ASL).
Currently, Dr. Ng is an LGBT health consultant, medical writer and developing a concierge LGBT health practice.
Dr. Ng was an assistant dean and member of the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Admissions Committee.
meet more of the team
- Dr. Katzen was on the admissions committee member at George Washington UniversityDr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Frazier was a member of the UCLA School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Munjuluri served on the admissions committee at UCSF PRIME and served as Director of College Counseling at Sacramento High SchoolDr. Baltz is a dermatologist and was intricatley involved in admissions at University of North Dakota School of MedicineDr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Marinelli served on the University of California, Irvine Admissions CommitteeDr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.Dr. Kreisberg served on the admissions committee at UTHSCA (UT San Antonio) for eight yearsDr. Simon Bababeygy served on Stanford's Admissions Committee for 4 yearsDr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.