Jasmin Scott-Hawkins MD, MPH
- General Advising & Strategizing
- Essay Editing
- Interview Preparation
- Dual Degree Program Applications
- Diversifying Medicine & Minority Applicants
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles
- MD/MPH, Boonshoft School of Medicine at Wright State University
- Residency, Los Angeles County + University of Southern California (LAC+USC)
Jasmin graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in World Arts and Cultures with a concentration in dance and a minor in pre-medicine. While applying to medical school, she took a year off to work as a Clinical Research Coordinator at Charles Drew University where she and her team published their work in the Journal of Investigative Medicine. Jasmin was accepted into the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine Physician Leadership Development Dual Degree Program (PLDP) through which she completed an MD and MPH degree. She served as the PLDP Graduate Assistant and Executive Council Chair. She also served on the admissions committee for Wright State University and the PLDP program. She also served on a Preventive Medicine Faculty Member Search Committee and the Department of Pediatrics Chair Search Committee through which she provided recommendations to the medical school Dean for selection of a new hire.
While in medical school, Jasmin served as a mentor to pre-medical students through the Student National Medical Association (SNMA) and as a peer tutor. She is currently completing residency training in psychiatry at Los Angeles County + University of Southern California (LAC+USC). Jasmin has a wealth of experience in evaluating and guiding applicants through the medical school and residency admissions process. She is passionate about helping others pursue their dreams and diversifying the face of medicine.
Dr. Scott-Hawkins served on the admissions committee at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
meet more of the team
- Dr. Sarkar was part of the admissions committee at Columbia University and an interviewer at NJMSDr. Katzen was on the admissions committee member at George Washington UniversityDr. Munjuluri served on the admissions committee at UCSF PRIME and served as Director of College Counseling at Sacramento High SchoolDr. Ho was an admissions committee member at University of California, DavisDr. Frazier was a member of the UCLA School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Simon Bababeygy served on Stanford's Admissions Committee for 4 yearsDr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Wilmer was a member of the University of Florida Medical School Admissions Committee.Dr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.Dr. Chiu served on the Stanford University School of Medicine Admissions Committee