- USMLE tutoring – Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS
- Shelf exam tutoring
- Coursework tutoring
- General advising
- Personal statement and essay editing
- B.S. – University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- M.P.H. – Columbia University
- M.D. – Duke University
- Residency – Duke University
Justin is a current fourth year medical student at Duke University School of Medicine. He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he majored in Health Policy and Management and minored in Chemistry. He went on to obtain a Master of Public Health at Columbia University before continuing on to Duke for medical school. He is staying at Duke to complete his residency training in General Surgery and hopes to pursue a fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
Academically, Justin has an interest in thoracic oncology and tumor immunology. Ultimately, he hopes to work towards the creation of novel therapeutic modalities for late-stage lung and esophageal cancers. His research efforts in graduate and medical school have resulted in several presentations at national meetings and multiple peer-reviewed journal publications.
Justin has served as a teaching assistant in public health and biostatistics courses. He also worked tutoring first and second year medical students in their basic science coursework. He has greatly enjoyed helping fellow medical students improve their understanding of these complex topics and looks forward to continue this work as a MedSchoolCoach.
Justin scored 264 on his USMLE Step 1 Examination and has extensive experience with tutoring medical students.
meet more of the team
- Dr. Cusak served on the admissions committee at the School of Medicine at Creighton UniversityDr. Marinelli served on the University of California, Irvine Admissions CommitteeDr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Kreisberg served on the admissions committee at UTHSCA (UT San Antonio) for eight yearsDr. Katzen was on the admissions committee member at George Washington UniversityDr. Frazier was a member of the UCLA School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Sarkar was part of the admissions committee at Columbia University and an interviewer at NJMSDr. Aneja was a member of the Yale School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.