Sahil Mehta MDInterventional Radiologist & Founder of MedSchoolCoach
- Complex Premed Advising
- General Advising
- International and Backup Options
- Gap Year Planning
- Interview Preparation
- BS/MD Advising
- BS, Columbia University
- MD, University of Chicago
- Internship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Dr. Mehta is the founder of MedSchoolCoach and nationally known as one of the premier experts in medical school admissions. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Columbia University in New York City with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering. He finished his degree with the highest GPA in the Civil Engineering major. He was accepted to three of the top ten medical schools in the country and chose to attend the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, where he graduated with research honors.
He then trained in medicine and surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and then was a Clinical Fellow at Harvard Medical School and resident at BIDMC/HMS. He then completed a Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital. Academically, he has presented his work at multiple national meetings, including SIR and RSNA, and has been published in multiple peer reviewed journals. He has a clinical interest in interventional radiology treatments for cancer patients, women and emergency situations.
Dr. Mehta is a practicing Interventional Radiologist specializing in minimally invasive endovascular and percutaneous procedures in order to eliminate cancer, pain, stop life threatening bleeding and more.
Sahil has been involved in admissions consulting and tutoring for years. As the founder of MedSchoolCoach, he has a hand in thousands of medical school applications. His experience helping applicants of all types navigate the admissions process is unparalleled.
N.B. – Although he currently is not involved in applicant decisions at Harvard Medical School, due to his clinical faculty appointment there, Dr. Mehta does not advise students through their HMS applications nor through applications to residency involving interventional radiology or diagnostic radiology.
Dr. Mehta has had a hand in over a thousand successful medical school applications. His experience in admissions consulting is unparalleled.
meet more of the team
- Dr. Munjuluri served on the admissions committee at UCSF PRIME and served as Director of College Counseling at Sacramento High SchoolDr. Simon Bababeygy served on Stanford's Admissions Committee for 4 yearsDr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.Dr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.Dr. Lipsit served on the admissions committee at VCUDr. Marinelli served on the University of California, Irvine Admissions CommitteeDr. Aneja was a member of the Yale School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Ho was an admissions committee member at University of California, Davis