Renée Allen MD, MHSc
- General Advising
- Non-traditional Applications
- Mock Interviews
- Personal Statement Editing
- Hons B.A McMaster University
- MHSc., University of Toronto
- MD, MSU College of Human Medicine
- Residency, Emory School of Medicine
Born in Jamaica and raised in Toronto, Canada, Dr. Allen completed her undergraduate degree at McMaster University in Hamilton, ON Canada. She went on to complete a Master’s of Health Science Degree in Community Health and Epidemiology at University of Toronto and worked as a Health Analyst/Epidemiologist at a local health department in Brampton, ON Canada prior to matriculating at Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine where she earned her medical degree.
She completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Emory University School of Medicine and then became a faculty member at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA for 4 years. Since 2012, Dr. Allen, a board-certified OBGYN, has been practicing in Atlanta as an OBGYN Hospitalist.
Dr. Allen still maintains a faculty appointment in the OBGYN Department of Morehouse School of Medicine as an Adjunct Assistant Professor.
Dr. Allen has been integrally involved in all aspects of the medical student and residency application process since her own matriculation into medical school, during the years of her OB/GYN residency and as clinical faculty member of a medical school by evaluating applicant personal statements, interviewing prospective medical students and residents, and having an essential role in the yearly class selection process. As such, Dr. Allen’s broad application process experience, (including her own personal experience), allows her to uniquely specialize in all aspects of applying to both medical school and residency positions as a non-traditional student.
Dr. Renée Allen also has a special interest in international health and completed her first international medical mission in Jamaica, West Indies in October 2012 and a Surgical Mission in Honduras in November 2013
Finally, Dr. Allen’s strong interests in Social Media and Health has led her to develop her skills and lay the foundation as a modern Thought Leader, Speaker, Author and Consultant in Women’s Health Issues both domestically and internationally.
One of the various platforms in which Dr. Allen is currently laying this foundation is as a Radio Host for ReachMD, a medical broadcasting network that provides education and training to medical professionals through online podcasts and satellite radio broadcasts (iHeart radio) via editorial interviews, CME’s and pharma industry educational programs.
Dr. Allen has extensive interview experience in local and national print and broadcast media including CNNEspanol, ReachMD, Girl’s Life Magazine, Fit Pregnancy Magazine, Bustle, Good HouseKeeping Magazine, BlackDoctor.org, Motherhood Moment Blog, Healthline.com and Business Women Magazine.
Dr. Allen is an obstetrician with extensive experience in health education and mentoring.
meet more of the team
- Dr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.Dr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Chiu served on the Stanford University School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Vance served on the admissions committee at UNC School of MedicineDr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.Dr. Simon Bababeygy served on Stanford's Admissions Committee for 4 yearsDr. Kreisberg served on the admissions committee at UTHSCA (UT San Antonio) for eight yearsDr. Aneja was a member of the Yale School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Sarkar was part of the admissions committee at Columbia University and an interviewer at NJMS