Sungat Grewal MD
- General Advising for Early Pre-Meds
- Essay Editing
- Interview Preparation
- MMI Interview Preparation
- BS, University of California, Los Angeles
- MD, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Intern (Internal Medicine), Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Harvard Medical School)
- Residency (Dermatology), University of California, San Francisco
Sungat graduated cum laude from UCLA where she received a B.S. in Psychobiology, before she went on to earn her M.D. at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. After her third year, Sungat received an NIH grant to pursue a predoctoral Dermato-epidemiology fellowship atthe University of Pennsylvania, enabling her to further develop her interest in the epidemiology of skin diseases with extracutaneous manifestations. In addition to publishing a dozen peer reviewed research articles, she has given multiple oral presentations at national conferences.
Graduating at the top of her class, Sungat was inducted into both AOA and the Gold Humanism Honor Society. After she completes her intern year in internal medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Sungat will be a Dermatology resident at the University of California, San Francisco.
Sungat plans to pursue a career in academic medicine, combining her interests in medical dermatology, epidemiology, and love of learning and teaching. She is passionate about providing students with the mentorship they need to achieve their academic aspirations. At UCLA, she tutored premedical courses, including biology, organic chemistry, and physics. Throughout medical school, she interviewed applicants and served as a Peer Mentor. She also conducted a special fellowship with the Director of Admissions at Commonwealth Medical School. In this role, Sungat advised junior medical students on how best to excel during pre-clinical years, clinical rotations, and board exams including Step 1, Step 2, and shelf exams.
Dr. Grewal was also a former MedSchoolCoach student and now she is excited to give back to new students!
Dr. Grewal evaluated and interviewed applicants for Geisenger Commonwealth School of Medicine
meet more of the team
- Dr. Marinelli served on the University of California, Irvine Admissions CommitteeDr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Kreisberg served on the admissions committee at UTHSCA (UT San Antonio) for eight yearsDr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Lipsit served on the admissions committee at VCUDr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.Dr. Ho was an admissions committee member at University of California, DavisDr. Baltz is a dermatologist and was intricatley involved in admissions at University of North Dakota School of MedicineDr. Katzen was on the admissions committee member at George Washington UniversityDr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.