Vanessa Dimayuga Smith, MD
- Complete Application Advising
- General Advising
- Essay Editing
- Traditional Interview Preparation
- MMI Interview Preparation
- BS, University of Kentucky
- MD, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Residency, University of Kentucky
- Fellowship, University of Kentucky
Dr. Smith graduated summa cum laude from the University of Kentucky with a BS in Biology. During this time, she conducted extensive research in neurobiology while completing her undergraduate studies in 2.5 years. Prior to attending medical school, she was awarded a prestigious J. William Fulbright Scholarship to further pursue neurodegenerative research at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. She was accepted to several top medical schools and chose to attend Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, where she was a recipient of the Mayo Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Full Tuition Scholarship. During this time, Dr. Smith was extensively involved in medical school candidate recruitment and a member of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Admissions Committee.
Following completion of her internship at the Mayo Clinic, she returned to her hometown of Lexington and completed an Anatomic Pathology residency, followed by a Neuropathology fellowship at the University of Kentucky. Academically, she has presented her research at several national and international meetings and has been published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. She also directed and taught several didactic curricula for pathology, neurosurgery and neurology residents, receiving a departmental teaching award for her efforts in resident education.
Dr. Smith has extensive teaching as well as research and career mentoring experience at the pre-medical, medical student and resident levels. She has successfully assisted numerous pre-medical students in the medical school admissions process and is enthusiastic in helping applicants succeed in becoming physicians.
Dr. Smith was a member of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Admissions Committee
meet more of the team
- Dr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.Dr. Munjuluri served on the admissions committee at UCSF PRIME and served as Director of College Counseling at Sacramento High SchoolDr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.Dr. Ho was an admissions committee member at University of California, DavisDr. Lipsit served on the admissions committee at VCUDr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Simon Bababeygy served on Stanford's Admissions Committee for 4 yearsDr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Aneja was a member of the Yale School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Sarkar was part of the admissions committee at Columbia University and an interviewer at NJMS