Vanessa Dimayuga Smith, MD
- Complete Application Advising
- General Advising
- Essay Editing
- Traditional Interview Preparation
- MMI Interview Preparation
- BS, University of Kentucky
- MD, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Residency, University of Kentucky
- Fellowship, University of Kentucky
Dr. Smith graduated summa cum laude from the University of Kentucky with a BS in Biology. During this time, she conducted extensive research in neurobiology while completing her undergraduate studies in 2.5 years. Prior to attending medical school, she was awarded a prestigious J. William Fulbright Scholarship to further pursue neurodegenerative research at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. She was accepted to several top medical schools and chose to attend Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, where she was a recipient of the Mayo Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Full Tuition Scholarship. During this time, Dr. Smith was extensively involved in medical school candidate recruitment and a member of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Admissions Committee.
Following completion of her internship at the Mayo Clinic, she returned to her hometown of Lexington and completed an Anatomic Pathology residency, followed by a Neuropathology fellowship at the University of Kentucky. Academically, she has presented her research at several national and international meetings and has been published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. She also directed and taught several didactic curricula for pathology, neurosurgery and neurology residents, receiving a departmental teaching award for her efforts in resident education.
Dr. Smith has extensive teaching as well as research and career mentoring experience at the pre-medical, medical student and resident levels. She has successfully assisted numerous pre-medical students in the medical school admissions process and is enthusiastic in helping applicants succeed in becoming physicians.
Dr. Smith was a member of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Admissions Committee
meet more of the team
- Dr. Mehta has guided thousands of successful medical school applicants.Dr. Rao served as a member of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine admission committee.Dr. Cusak served on the admissions committee at the School of Medicine at Creighton UniversityDr. Jordan served on the admissions committee at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of MedicineDr. Lipsit served on the admissions committee at VCUDr. Frazier was a member of the UCLA School of Medicine Admissions CommitteeDr. Flick was a four year member of the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine and is a Flight Surgeon for the Army.Dr. Wilmer was a member of the University of Florida Medical School Admissions Committee.Dr. Kreisberg served on the admissions committee at UTHSCA (UT San Antonio) for eight yearsDr. Vance served on the admissions committee at UNC School of MedicineDr. Hajighasemi is the founder of DocOssareh, YouTubes premier premed channel. He served on the admissions committee at UC Irvine School of Medicine.