through individualized attention
One-on-One USMLE Step 2 Tutoring
Step 2 is the second in your progression of steps towards becoming a fully licensed physician. Step 2 is similar to Step 1 in many ways, but presents it’s own unique challenges. While some of the more clinically relevant material from Step 1 will show up on Step 2, it’s now a clinically oriented test. The basic sciences you studied so hard for on Step 1 are now behind you. Step 2 assesses whether you can apply medical knowledge, skills, and understanding of clinical science essential for the provision of patient care. Step 2 is a more exciting test in many regards because it is so clinically oriented.
Step 2 is classically taken sometime in the 3rd or 4th year of medical school. The material tested is a reflection of a year of basic clinical clerkships (Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, OB/Gyn, Pysch). Your score on Step 2 is extremely important as it allows you to make up for a subpar Step 1 in many instances. Many residencies are now requiring you to have a Step 2 score prior to applying as well, even if you are a US graduate. Performing well on Step 2 requires understanding not just the material, but being able to synthesize clinical scenarios in a way that physicians have to do on a daily basis. It tests your knowledge and your clinical acumen at once.
The Best Tutors
Exceptional Track Record
Purely Focused on Medicine
Anytime, Anywhere Tutoring
MedSchoolCoach tutors are hired only after a rigorous screening process that involves not just test scores, but teaching aptitude.
core components of step 2 tutoring
Our USMLE Step 2 Tutoring packages allow you to maximize your score. Here are some benefits:
- Complete Premium Features of OnlineMedEd included!
- Recording: All sessions with your tutor can be recorded
- Insider Knowledge: Our tutors have taken the test and aced it
- A Completely Tailored Study Plan: No generic rubrics here. We tailor a study plan to your individual needs
- Use the Material You Already Have: While we may recommend a good resource or two (and we included OnlineMedEd for all our customers), for the most part we are committed to utilizing the resources you have already purchased
premium OnlineMedEd subscription included!70+ hours of video lectures, 400+ pages of notes, 1200 questions and 10,000+ flashcards PLUS one-on-one tutoring
f.a.q. about our usmle tutoring
While your Step 1 score is extremely important, so is your Step 2 score. Showing residencies that you now have the clinical knowledge to go along with your basic science knowledge is huge, and what many will look for in their applicants.
Once! Unless you fail, in which case you can take it again. Unlike the MCAT, which you can take over and over, your first USMLE score is what you have to live with. Therefore, USMLE tutoring is exceptionally important so you can maximize your score the first time.
If you just want to pass the USMLE Step 2, and you are a US medical student, you likely will. The vast majority of students pass the test, but you shouldn’t be aiming to just pass. You must maximize your score in order to achieve the residency of your choice.
As an IMG, your USMLE Step 2 score plays an even bigger role than for a US graduate. Residencies need you to be clinically competent. As an international, you must take Step 2 prior to applying for residency in the United States. Without a great score, you will have trouble matching into the United States for residency.
In many cases, yes! While your Step 1 score won’t be erased, performing really well on Step 2 can be hugely beneficial. In fact, if you didn’t have the greatest Step 1 score, this is your chance to make up for it and still get the residency of your dreams!
Getting started with our USMLE Step 2 CK tutoring is easy! See the steps below:
- Sign Up Online – you can sign up below
- Submit Your Information Sheet – you’ll receive instructions on how to submit a detailed questionarre where we gauge your strenghs and weaknesses
- Be Matched with a Tutor – depending on your needs, we will match you with the tutor who is best qualified to help you (you can always request additional tutors, if needed)
- Get Started! – once matched, you are ready to get started with our virtual tutoring sessions
how important is usmle step 2?
If a student’s Step 1 score isn’t up to par, what is the single most important thing they can do to make up for it?
- Score well on Step 2
- Publish in the field
- Do an away rotation
Based on MedSchoolCoach Advisor Survey