through individualized attention
One-on-One USMLE Step 1 Tutoring
Step 1 or “the Boards” assesses whether you understand and can apply important concepts of the sciences basic to the practice of medicine, with special emphasis on principles and mechanisms underlying health, disease, and modes of therapy. Step 1 ensures mastery of not only the sciences that provide a foundation for the safe and competent practice of medicine in the present, but also the scientific principles required for maintenance of competence through lifelong learning. Step 1 is constructed according to an integrated content outline that organizes basic science material along two dimensions: system and process.
Step 1 is classically taken at the end of 2nd year of medical school, right before a medical student starts his or her wards time. The material tested is a reflection of 2 years of basic classroom science. Although some schools now encourage their students to take the test after spending at least some time on clinical services, the majority of students still take it prior to starting clinical rotations. Your score on Step 1 is extremely important.Residencies place a large emphasis on the score when evaluating an applicant for their programs. Studying hard and possibly getting Step 1 tutoring is extremely important in scoring well
The Best Tutors
Exceptional Track Record
Purely Focused on Medicine
Anytime, Anywhere Tutoring
MedSchoolCoach tutors are hired only after a rigorous screening process that involves not just test scores, but teaching aptitude.
core components of step 1 tutoring
Our USMLE Step 1 Tutoring packages allow you to maximize your score. Here are some benefits:
- Recording: All sessions with your tutor can be recorded
- Insider Knowledge: Our tutors have taken the test and aced it
- A Completely Tailored Study Plan: No generic rubrics here. We tailor a study plan to your individual needs
- Use the Material You Already Have: While we may recommend a good resource or two, for the most part we are committed to utilizing the resources you have already purchased
f.a.q. about our usmle tutoring
Your Step 1 score is extremely important for the residency application process. It allows program directors to sort through thousands of applicants in some cohesive way. While many other factors play into where, and what, residency you can get, Step 1 is the most important. The most competitive residencies are those with the highest average Step 1 scores.
Once! Unless you fail, in which case you can take it again. Unlike the MCAT, which you can take over and over, your first USMLE score is what you have to live with. Therefore, USMLE tutoring is exceptionally important so you can maximize your score the first time.
If you just want to pass the USMLE Step 1, and you are a US medical student, you likely will. The vast majority of students pass the test, but you shouldn’t be aiming to just pass. You must maximize your score in order to achieve the residency of your choice.
As an IMG, your USMLE Step 1 score plays an even bigger role than for a US graduate. You must obtain a great score to be considered in the same conversation as US graduates. Without a stellar score, you will have trouble matching into the United States for residency.
Getting started with our medical school personal statement editing is easy! See the steps below:
- Sign Up Online – you can sign up below
- Submit Your Information Sheet – you’ll receive instructions on how to submit a detailed questionarre where we gauge your strenghs and weaknesses
- Be Matched with a Tutor – depending on your needs, we will match you with the tutor who is best qualified to help you (you can always request additional tutors, if needed)
- Get Started! – once matched, you are ready to get started with our virtual tutoring sessions
how important is usmle step 1?
What are the key factors in matching at a residency you want?
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2
Based on MedSchoolCoach Advisor Survey